One week Checkin

So, I'm not super excited about any changes that normally would have occurred had my back not siezed up on Monday morning this past week. I wasn't able to maintain any exercise on the treadmill as walking became incredibly painful, what I realized though, is that my core muscles have become VERY weak over the last year or so. I was able to see the chiropractor on Monday right away and was given a bunch of stretches to do, which I've been doing, as well as adding heat, however one of the complications of T1D is the fact that I heal very slowly, and this time is no different. I'm able to stand to make meals now but only with the aid of a back brace....I haven't needed to use any walking sticks today so I count that as a win! It's been a challenge to provide meals for everyone as we all have very different palates when it comes to fresh food.
Now for erev Shabbat our meal is usually an all out meal with an elaborate chicken dinner or lasagna, salad, garlic challah and some sort of dessert. Tonight we had homemade sweet potato fries, kale salad, zucchini boats and squash soup. It's interesting finding vegan recipes that use no processed foods! I'm enjoying the challenge but feel like 2 more weeks of this is going to grow some amazing discipline and patience. Because I can't fairly gauge how I'm feeling due to being in a lot of pain all week. I will say that my energy is returning and my mood is shifting a little because I'm actually doing the exercises and stretches to get me moving again. Weight is down a little 171lbs, and I'm feeling less bloated. I've been a lot less active this past week. Really hoping to get back on the treadmill this week as I continue to strengthen my core with floor stretches and exercises. Shabbat Shalom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings

Next Step in my Health Journey.

The Bible From a Medical Perspective/Medicine From a Biblical Perspective-Dr Strydom

Coffee With LD