Day 11
Fun epiphanies happen during cleanses. So, this past week I've been rendered fairly immobile simply due to pain in my lower back. A long season of not stretching and getting adequate exercise had weakened my core so much and caused tightness in my hips and joints in general. So after a week of pain and getting back to the daily stretches and planning to increase my exercises, I realized that I'm dealing with this exact same issue in my spiritual life. Slowly getting out of habit of Scripture writing, devotions, or any kind of intentional prayer life, has been affecting my ability to judge situations righteously. I've opened my mouth a few too many times when in times past, my lips would not open and breach anyone's trust. I realize that yes, my hormones are off kilter with perimenopause and with T1D imperfect blood sugars often affects my filters and I say things I very much regret later. However, those are not valid excuses, it simply means I need to work harder at self-control. I feel like I need to withdraw for a season and let my body/hormones take time to adjust and also to get my relationship with Abba back where it needs to be. I am joining Freedom Session this Fall and looking forward to peeling back more layers of the onion.
I sit here smiling, as I embrace this chastisement from my Loving Heavenly Father. I feel ready to change course and be intentional about exercising, physically AND spiritually. Thank You Abba for the 2x4.
Comments
Post a Comment