Day 14

Well, I'll be honest, I need a lot more whole food recipes that satisfy all family members. The 8 yr old would become a frutarian if I let him....he has stated that he very much misses meat and pasta. What he doesn't realize is that we can make our own pasta with fresh ground einkorn berries! So I may do that for Shabbat as a treat. We have enjoyed vegan chili with spaghetti squash, I think everyone will eat this, zucchini boats without the cheese on top (I miss the cheese!) everyone likes the zucchini boats and there is a very hearty kale salad I make that the 17 yr old and I like, the 2 of us also like the quinoa salad recipe I found. I have noticed that because everyone gets hungry faster there's a lot more grazing going on and less focus on meals. I still just eat twice a day that hasn't changed. Guacamole is another thing eaten a lot more of by everyone. I just eat a small bowl of it but the others eat it with cucumbers or carrots. Homemade french fries has been eaten a time or two, sweet potato fries is a favorite by everyone. I've had to hide the dates because apparently dates filled with peanut butter has been discovered....oy...LOW sugar family....low sugar! I say this with humor because I'm pretty proud of them all. They've done pretty amazing taking all the supplements religiously and eating whole foods without condiments. They are realizing how good actual food can taste without condiments! I will admit, I can't wait to eat meat!!! We buy it straight from a farm, I know it's not junk. Anyhow, just a little update, things are going well. I feel like my brain has more energy to tackle challenging things that often I would wait for a more adultier adult to deal with. Like I have some spice and a desire to try some new things. Possibly this has come about because my digestive system seems to be resetting and I'm not worried about previous bowel issues when I'm out and about. I'm feeling more confident in my body even as I heal from a siezed up back. I'm going to try to skip the back brace on Shabbat. I need to remember to prioritize the stretches and exercises every day even when I feel good and then add in the treadmill again. We have 1 more week until we've completed 21 days on Lucinda's Comprehensive Parasite Cleanse, spoken of in her book Natural Herbal Therapy. She's been walking us through this journey and been available for questions every step of the way. Doing this cleanse is just the first step to healing my body. '

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings

Next Step in my Health Journey.

The Bible From a Medical Perspective/Medicine From a Biblical Perspective-Dr Strydom

Coffee With LD